17 Dec 2011

Tidiness and Myers Briggs

You may not know this about me...but I am a pretty untidy person.

Well I say that...I HATE untidy bathrooms and kitchens...but bedrooms are a completely different field. My bedroom currently is the biggest one I have ever had...so you would think that means I would have space to put all my stuff and that everything would have a home. 

Nope. 

I have literally just spent at least 3 hours hanging up clothes, doing washing, sifting through bits of paper and deciphering between what needs recycling and what needs filing for the future. Not going to lie I am SO easily distracted that it takes me A LONG time to finish any task because a few mins in I want to read that card someone sent me months ago, or want to eat the biscuits that have been on my desk since Sept.

Now I know that part of my short attention span is probably a lack of food/drink but some of it might have to do with who I am...like my personality.

At work we recently had to take part in a Myers Briggs Personality Test. For those of you who don't know what it is, you basically answer loads of questions and come out as one of a possible 16 personalities. I am an ESFP (Extrovert, Sensing, Feeler, Perceiver). Once you have worked out what you are, you are given a sheet which explains generally what you tend towards. Under the "works best" section I am told that I am most effective when "working on several projects at once, needs variety" 

I have always thought that there was something wrong with me because I find it really hard to concentrate on one thing at a time...I always have LOADS of tabs up on a computer. It generally will take me about an hour to write a blog post because I'll be doing other things in between. In my last job I found it quite hard as there were generally really quick deadlines which meant I had no time not to focus on something fully. 

I love finding out about myself and working out a bit more about why I think/act like I do.

What about you? Do you like personality tests or do you not like being put in a box? 

No comments:

Post a Comment