Being a youth worker is hugely rewarding, but its also massively draining. Patience, energy and always being flexible is costly and there are times when it's literally all I can do to get through a day of sessions. Don't get me wrong I love my job, but its hard! Being responsible and managing people is difficult and at times horrible.
BUT I have just had a little holiday and its been amazing.
Like seriously so restful and refreshing. I went to spend a few days with some of my friends Tom, Naomi and Malcolm at Tom's parents farm. It was so fun! I know these guys from university (in fact I've written gushing posts about all of them in the past), and they are the type of people that know loads about me and we can just tease each other and laugh together. We had SUCH a chilled time.
- Staying up late in pj's everyone talking in my room
- Strolling down country lanes
- Enjoying Tom's Mum's cooking
- Feeding the horse
- Watching Tom's whole family have a family photo
- Mooching through antique shops
- Tasting amaretto and cranberry for the first time
- Laughing at everything
- Becoming a wasp ninja...or rather watching Tom dish out wasp wrath
- Getting stuck in all the traffic ever.
- Singing to Moulin Rouge, Mamma Mia and Christmas cds
- Basking in the sun
I feel that even after only a few days, catching up on sleep and being in some fresh clean air has totally rejuvenated my soul.
|photo courtesy of Nom and Malc at Mustard Yellow Photography|