14 Jun 2012

Challenge

I know I haven't blogged for about a week so apologies but a) how do you follow such a ridiculous post as the one before (read it here), and b) I feel there have been lots of things I could blog about and it was kind of hard to choose.


I have decided though to give you a brief list of things that I have done or that have been on my mind:

  • I went zorbing on Sunday with my friends Bethan, Jon and Rhiannon...

...now what is zorbing you might be thinking...well it's basically rolling down a big hill in one of these...
now I have to confess that this photo is not any of us in that ball. We did take a LOAD of photos but they are all on the other 3's snazzy iphones which they have yet to upload so you can't see the beauty of a place we did it in (back of beyond somewhere near Neath). Anyway the experience was ace! Think of a cross between a rollercoaster and being swung in the air and landing on a bed every few seconds....
  • I went to my first cricket game at the Oval. Now I am quite a cricket fan (if you want to read more about that maybe read this) but I have never been to see a proper live game apart from in Barbados when I was on cricket tour and we went to see England VS West Indies in a 20:20 match. Well yesterday I saw Essex VS Surrey at the Oval with my friends Ian and Emma. It was another 20:20 match and it was great. Surrey scored 128 runs and I thought Essex were easily going to beat that but they only actually got 112 - it was a really fun game to watch. 20:20s are easier to watch than test cricket which lasts for days - this was done in about 3 hours and had a clear winner. 
  • Lastly, I feel like God is doing quite a lot with me at the moment. Like he's really challenging me and testing me which is good but quite hard and painful at times. I am clinging to this verse:
"My son, do not despise the Lord’s discipline 
    and do not resent his rebuke,
12 
because the Lord disciplines those he loves, 
    as a father the son he delights in." 
Proverbs 3:11-12



No comments:

Post a Comment