27 Jun 2012

Jesus mints

Recently my Dad went to USA and while he was there he picked me up a present which he said would aid my attempts in talking to people about Jesus...



Now I don't know how many of us Brits have seen something like this - our American friends seem to have thought of how to make literally EVERYTHING holy! This tin of mints not only contains mints in the sign of a fish (an ancient symbol used by Christians who were being persecuted to communicate meetings of believers), it also has a Bible verse inside AND they are sugar free... 




In addition to all of that it also has some ancient greek in there too just incase that comes in handy whilst speaking to someone about Jesus. I am really tempted to try to start a conversation with someone using these just because I want to see if it will work. My actual favourite thing about them is the fact that they are wintergreen flavour which is similar to the taste of listerine (my favourite)...which for some reason many other people don't actually like...of the 8 other people to try these mints from me only 2 have actually liked them...


I have to say that I think this is fairly ridiculous, but then I am curious that I am reminded of the verse in the Bible which says:
"Be wise in the way you act toward outsiders; make the most of every opportunity." Colossians 4:5
Maybe I need to be less cynical and use any opportunity I see to be bold in speaking for Jesus, whether that is using these mints or not.

1 comment:

  1. There's a Christian shop near me that sells "Scripture Candy". They're individually wrapped strawberry and cream sweets, with a Bible verse on the wrappers. I bought some for my youth and they loved them.

    ReplyDelete