It's a solid question and one which I've had to think about for a few days.
But I have decided that if I had to choose one person it would be....
Martin Luther King Jnr
There are 3 main reasons for wanting to meet/talk to him:
#1. He is a hero of mine because of his ability to...
- have a godly vision,
- communicate it clearly enough to inspire thousands of people to join him,
- persevere despite huge opposition and death threats
- keep the bigger picture in mind
#2. I'd want to ask him...
- How did God tell you that equality was what he wanted you to use your life campaigning for?
- How did you keep going in the face of extreme persecution?
- What did you do in your life to prepare you for everything that happened?
#3. I'd want to absorb from him his wisdom on...
- The power of God
MLK said a lot of powerful things that have challenged me on many occasions - here are a few of my favourites.
"[In the story of the Good Samaritan in the Bible] The first question which the priest and the Levite asked was: 'If I stop to help this man, what will happen to me?' But... the good Samaritan reversed the question: 'If I do not stop to help this man, what will happen to him?"