8 Jan 2012

Vision

This last week I have been challenging some of the kids to think of goals to set themselves for 2012. And while I was doing that I decided it would be a good idea to re-define what it is that I want to do with myself this year. 


Praise God I have now got a new passport so I can leave the country again - WOOP! But yea I have re-posted some of my goals short and long term below



  • Learn how to ski




  • Sleep in a hammock




  • Go "bivvying"




  • Jump out of a plane




  • Read the whole Bible




  • Visit each continent (which means I need to sort out a new passport as mine was stolen in Boston)




  • Give things I value away to bless others




  • Learn 100 Bible verses




  • Go skinny-dipping




  • Have a positive impact on all that I meet




  • Create a den of some nature in the woods and sleep in it




  • Sleep in the desert




  • Have a secret handshake with someone




  • Be able to play guitar to an alright standard




  • Practise the gift of prophecy




  • Go and see more live music




  • Become fluent in another language




  • Get married




  • See my family more than 5 times a year




  • Write to my friends on a monthly basis




  • Become a coffee connoisseur




  • Have kids




  • Take time each week to rest properly and reflect




  • Go to the Carribean




  • Give water-skiing a go




  • Run a marathon




  • Read a classic a year




  • Take as many opportunities as possible to speak about Jesus





  • I have decided that I need to be more focused and give myself better deadlines because otherwise I just don't get on with anything. So by Easter I am going to have:

    • Learnt 100 Bible verses
    • Be able to play guitar to an alright standard
    • Practise the gift of prophecy
    • Go and see more live music
    Hold me accountable guys :) 

    1 comment:

    1. I have a secret handshake with my boy. It makes me happy.

      Good luck with the goals!

      ReplyDelete