12 Jan 2012

Auction of Promises

I don't think I have told you that I am off to Ghana in February.


The charity I work for (XLP) have been going to Ghana for 8 or 9 years now and in that time they have built and started a Secondary School.


It's called Jubilee School and it's in a town/village in Ghana called Dampong. In that region they have about 94 primary schools but only 4 secondary schools. (watch more here)


XLP has been going out on mission trips to visit schools, give gospel presentations and encourage Christians who are there to remain faithful in the midst of great poverty.


Four of us from my team are going along with about 18 others and so this Saturday we are holding a fundraiser. We are hosting an Auction of Promises. The idea is that people promise us talents, time, experiences, days out etc and we auction them off to the highest bidder. I'm quite excited as it is the first time I have taken part in one. However, as with all fundraising events, I am terrified that no one is going to come and that I will have 30 lots and no buyers. If you are a pray-er please do pray for us that this event would be a success. 


We have been SO lucky with what people have offered - from music lessons to campervans, and cupcake making to parliament tours, people have been very generous. 


Are you planning on going anywhere in 2012?



No comments:

Post a Comment