I am determined to attempt to be disciplined and crack on with this.
Right so since my last post I have:
- Had my last Sunday at my Church (Elim Pentecostal) in Aberystwyth (emotional but fantastic to be with my Church family one last time...i will be visiting!)
- Got a job! PRAISE GOD! From September I will be the Lewisham Borough Leader for the youthwork charity XLP (http://www.xlp.org.uk/)
- Had my last day at work - EMOTION CENTRAL. Oh my word saying goodbye to the people who work in the Guild was really really hard. Even though I've only been there a year it seems like I have known them for a lot longer. Parting with my team was pretty tough - we have been so close this year and to not have them around anymore is really odd.
- Went to see Mumford and Sons and Arcade Fire in Hyde Park for a friend's birthday. Was actually immense! Had so much fun bopping away in the park and we made a friend who gave us free cider! Ha.
- Helped at my Church kids camp for 7-15 yearolds. Was in charge of teaching the youth lessons and looking after a tent of girls...also in charge of hosing the kids down after they had a trip to the swamp...I have LITERALLY never seen kids more dirty than these. It was actually minging - did mean I got to have fun with the hose though.
- Been to Aberystwyth and back in a day to move out of my house. Sad times. Was really surreal moving out...I don't think it's sunk in yet as I kind of feel like I'm just on holiday and that I'll be going back in a few weeks. I'm sure once I move to London the reality will hit that I'm not in little Aber anymore.
- Been to see my friends Jennie and Luke play an acoustic set in a local pub. Also playing that night was the most rocky acoustic performance I have ever seen. I genuinely was concerned that they were going to break their guitars they were strumming and headbanging so hard.
- Booked to go to New Wine in a couple weeks time (it's a Christian Festival/conference thing) I'm going to be working on team in Venue 1 - not sure exactly what that involves but I'm sure that counts as adventure finding out.
- and then today....I have had a fantastic adventure! Yesterday my friend Kirsty came to stay and for her birthday I had brought us tickets to go see Phantom of the Opera. We decided to make a day of it in London and so packed loads in. We saw the changing of the guard, took in the National Portrait Gallery, visited the V&A Museum, the Hummingbird Bakery and Rainforest Cafe, before hitting the theatre. Oh my word if you get a chance to see it totally do because it was EPIC. Not going to lie - everytime I go to the theatre I always wish I was up there on it - looks like so much fun! Ah well who knows, maybe I'll turn my hand at some amateur productions.
That doesn't mean I haven't had time for thinking. I've been thinking about integrity. What it is, why we need it, is it even important? Any thoughts/comments on the topic would be appreciated.