14 Aug 2011

Sunny Sundays

So today I have had such a fun day mainly because it's been incredibly competitive and those of you who know me know that I have quite a competitive nature...well maybe that's an under statement. I LOVE TO WIN. 


My friend is visiting me this week and I've been introducing her to some new games and winning a lot. Now I know there's nothing proud of to beat someone who's new to the game etc...but what about beginners luck?! I mean I have been overcoming that too. Win. 


This afternoon a group of people from my Church went to the park to play a game of softball (bit like baseball but with a bigger ball which is defo not soft!) Anyway, in true Allen fashion my Dad split me up from my brothers to increase the game banter. In Softball you play 7 innings and half way through my team was down by 5 runs. We managed to claw it back to being only one behind by the close of the game. 


In years gone by I would have fought and cried because we lost...pretty glad I've grown out of that now. The thing is is that I just loved playing. It was really fun to be outside with lots of other people and to enjoy a friendly game. Yes both of my brothers beat me but I felt neither the need or urge to make excuses as to why my team had lost. I think this is what it feels like to be a grown up!

No comments:

Post a Comment