26 Aug 2011

When fatigue sets in...

It's a Friday so its understandable to be tired...but oh my word am I tired!

This week I have been helping at my Church's Holiday Bible Club, and fair play its only been 3 hours every morning, but it has totally exhausted me. To the extent that I had to have a nap yesterday and today. I'm wondering whether I'll be able to handle a "real" job when it starts in 10 days time. Who would have thought that being out of the work environment for 2 months was enough to make me lose my work stamina.

So because I have been so tired I have been thinking about how important it is to rest properly. I am normally pretty rubbish at really resting because I find it hard to switch off and allow myself to do nothing. I'm also pretty bad at really having a "sabbath" or whole day of rest. It's something I want to get better at over this next year. It's pretty important just because i'm going to have have endurance to get through the terms and not get burnt out.

I've been burnt out before and it's just horrible, you feel really numb and exhausted all the time. I don't want to get into that position in this role.

Resting is where it is at.

No comments:

Post a Comment