29 Apr 2013

Live Below The Line - Day 1

On edge. I think that is how I would describe my mood for today. I think psychologically I've been building up to this for quite a while and preparing for something which, to be honest, isn't that big a deal. Plenty of people live on really low incomes and make meals on this amount of money - it is possible. 

And yet. I've been nervous all day. Am I going to survive? Will I be constantly hungry? Is it going to affect my mood? 

So anyway here is what I have eaten:
Breakfast: One bowl of cornflakes (2/10 - pretty much the blandest thing known to man)
Lunch: Chicken flavour noodles and 2 slices of toast with lemon curd (noodles 3/10 - did not taste like chicken. Toast 5/10 - lemon curd gave me a little sweet kick.)
Dinner: I turned this....



A tasty risotto - seasoned with the pepper I bought. (4/10 - pretty stodgy but quite filling)

I have drunk SO much water - enough to make me pee non-stop (potentially too much info...) but I think it's helped to stop the hunger pangs. 

I realised at lunch time just how different this week is for me compared to normal. My favourite place to get lunch on a Monday is this place around the corner from my office called Flying Burrito where I would get a pork (roasted in cider!) burrito for £6.10. Not today. 

I've felt alright but I think I'm having caffeine withdrawal as I've had a headache since about 3pm. 

Day 1 has been a bit weird - but I've been so encouraged that people have continued to sponsor me. Hoping that with a bit of rest tomorrow will be better. 

No comments:

Post a Comment