22 Jun 2012

Your Choice DAY 5

Two main themes today...sleeping and music.


SLEEPING
Are you a snorer?? Can you sleep anywhere?? Can you sleep through someone ringing your phone when your phone is in your hand??


If the answer to all 3 of those questions was yes then you might not find this amusing but today in the XLP Office I was casually working in a room called "The Snug" (it's like the room we chill out and eat lunch in with sofas etc). My desk was a bit of a mess because people keep leaving their things on it, and I was just replying to emails. So I was working in the Snug and this man came in (I think he had a meeting with someone booked) and he sat down and within 15 mins he was snoring...pretty loudly.


Now generally I like to respect those who are sleeping, but this was funny for 2 reasons a) it's an office and so people are expected to work, I was in the room...I would never go to sleep at work if someone else was there watching me! b) his phone went off twice like full on ringing and he didn't even flinch. In fact when he actually was woken by the person he was meeting with he looked quite disgruntled that he had been woken up! 
So anyway after reading a facebook status I posted, a reader of the blog asked me to take a picture and blog about him... so here is snoring guy.

MUSIC
I've been listening to this song quite a lot

The words are below - I've highlighted the ones that I have been really moved by:

May my prayer like incense rise before You
The lifting of my hands as sacrifice
Oh Lord Jesus turn Your eyes upon me
For I know there is mercy in Your sight

Your statutes are my heritage forever
My heart is set on keeping Your decrees
Please still my anxious urge toward rebellion
Let Love keep my will upon its knees

[Chorus]
Oh God, You are my God
And I will ever praise You
Oh God, You are my God
And I will ever praise You

[Verse 2]
To all creation I can see a limit
But Your commands are boundless and have none
So Your Word is my joy and meditation
From the rising to the setting of the sun

All Your ways are loving and are faithful
The road is narrow but Your burden light
Because You gladly lean to lead the humble
I shall gladly kneel to leave my pride


[Bridge]
I will seek You in the morning
I will learn to walk in Your ways
And step by step You'll lead me
And I will follow You all of my days


I think music quite often is a good way of connecting with God and I think the lyrics to this song speak to me because I can relate to wanting to talk to God like this. It encourages me to sing that I want to always praise God - may you be encouraged too.

1 comment: